- The What: The Information We Collect
- The When & The How: The Methods We Use To Collect Information
- The Why: What We Do With The Information We Collect
- The Where: The Places That We Store This Information
- How Do We Respond to Do Not Track Signals?
- How To Limit Use and Disclosure of Your Information
- How To Access, Correct, and Object to Processing of Your Information
- We Do Not Collect Information From Children Under the Age of 13
- Details on Data Security
- Changes to This Policy
- Contact Information
- Country-Specific Policies
Last updated: 25th July, 2016
This Policy describes: (i) the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us; and (ii) our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Keep in mind that Siteimprove will only use your Personal Information (defined below) for the purpose that it is provided to us (the “Purpose”). Siteimprove does not sell Personal Information to any third party.
This Policy applies to information we collect: through our website (siteimprove.com); in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and us; through information and submissions that you provide to us, both online and offline; and when you interact with us through third-party websites and services (e.g., social networking providers) (collectively, the “Services”)
We collect the following type of information from you when you use our Services:
- Information that personally identifies or is identifiable to you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier through which you may be contacted online or offline or any other information which can be directly or indirectly attributed to you;
- Information that is aggregate, de-identified or otherwise not capable of revealing your identity (“Other Information”). Other Information may include details about your location, browser, internet connection, operating system, and behavior on the Services (e.g., clicks, time viewing a page) to the extent that this information is not or cannot be linked to you.
- Siteimprove does not collect any sensitive data (e.g., health or sex life information; racial or ethnic origin; political opinions or religious/philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership)
This is how we collect information from you when you use our Services:
You directly provide it to us. Some ways in which you do this are:
- Create a login;
- Complete and submit online forms to us;
- Report a problem to us;
- Correspond with us;
- Respond to our surveys; or
- Post information through our Services.
You indirectly provide it to us. The primary way that this occurs is through automatic data collection technologies that collect statistical (non-personal) information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns to provide details about:
- Traffic data
- Location and IP address
- Communication data
- Resources accessed on the Services
- Operating System
The technologies we and the third parties providing content and applications to the Services may use for this automatic data collection include:
- Web Beacon. Pages of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Siteimprove to, for example, count users who have visited a page or opened an e-mail.
Siteimprove uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are cookies which allow you to look at our website, to use the functions on our website and to gain access to the secure and registered parts. If the use of these cookies is disabled, certain parts of our website may not be able to be used correctly.
- Performance cookies are cookies designed to collect information on how you use our website, such as information about the pages visited or the number of error messages that have appeared, in order to analyze and optimize the use of our website.
- Functional cookies and saving preferences are cookies which allow Siteimprove to register the choices (such as the user’s name, choice of language and country, font and size of script, password etc.), as well as visitor preferences (such as pages visited, etc.), in order to facilitate use of our website and be able to offer visitors the most relevant and personalized information and advertising.
In particular, Siteimprove uses the following cookies:
|Name||Description / Purposes||Validity term||Internal/external|
|dt||Content Sharing||1 month||External (AddThis)|
|loc||Content Sharing||2 years||External (AddThis)|
|vc||Content Sharing||2 years||External (AddThis)|
|test_cookie||Advertising||15 minutes||External (DoubleClick)|
|_gat||Statistics||10 minutes||External (Google Analytics)|
|_gat_UA-35875149-10||Statistics||10 minutes||External (Google Analytics)|
|__utmc||Statistics||At end of session||External (Google Analytics)|
|__utmt_player||Statistics||10 minutes||External (Google Analytics)|
|_utma||Analytics||2 years||External (Google Analytics)|
|_utmb||Analytics||30 minutes||External (Google Analytics)|
|_utmc||Analytics||End of session||External (Google Analytics)|
|_utmz||Analytics||6 months||External (Google Analytics)|
|UID||Advertising||2 years||External (Google Analytics)|
|UIDR||Advertising||2 years||External (Google Analytics)|
|hs_ab_test_3152116544||Functionality – A/B testing landing pages for user experience||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|hs_ab_test_3349168565||Functionality – A/B testing landing pages for user experience||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|hs_ab_test_3557390799||Functionality – A/B testing landing pages for user experience||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|hs_ab_test_3595003126||Functionality – A/B testing landing pages for user experience||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|hs_ab_test_3595024186||Functionality – A/B testing landing pages for user experience||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|hs_ab_test_3622019063||Functionality – A/B testing landing pages for user experience||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|hs_ab_test_3623218107||Functionality – A/B testing landing pages for user experience||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|__hstc||Analytics||2 years||External (Hubspot)|
|hubspotutk||Visitor Recognition||10 years||External (Hubspot)|
|__hssc||Visitor Recognition||30 minutes||External (Hubspot)|
|__hssrc||Visitor Recognition||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|__hs_opt_out||Visitor Cookie Preference||2 years||External (Hubspot)|
|__hs_do_not_track||Visitor Cookie Preference||2 years||External (Hubspot)|
|__hs_testcookie||Visitor Cookie Preference||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|hsPagesViewedThisSession||Analytics||End of session||External (Hubspot)|
|hsfirstvisit||Visitor Recognition||10 years||External (Hubspot)|
|__leadinmigrated||Functionality – LeadIn plugin assists with offering a relevant call to action||2 years||External (Hubspot)|
|cookie_icims_iframe_content_height||Functionality – Careers pages||At end of session||External (ICIMS)|
|icimsCookiesEnabledCheck||Functionality – Careers pages||At end of session||External (ICIMS)|
|lang||Functionality – Twitter detect page language||At end of session||External (Twitter)|
|at-lojson-cache-xa-4b3b74ab70985ebb||Functionality of site navigation||Never||Internal|
|current_lang||Functionality – Language switcher/remember settings||333 months||Internal|
|_icl_current_language||Functionality – Language switcher/remember settings||1 day||Internal|
|jsEnabled||Functionality – Detect browser setting||At end of session||Internal|
Siteimprove will only use and disclose your Personal Information for the purpose for which you have provided it to us as determined at the time of collection or through your subsequent consent, including:
Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- Managing our business operations (e.g., customer relationship management (CRM) system, opt-in marketing database, customer service and support system);
- Direct marketing purposes if you have requested and consented to such materials from us;
- Complying with legal obligations;
- Resolving disputes;
- Performing and enforcing agreements;
- Our own corporate transactions and reorganizations;
- Protecting the rights, properties and safety of Siteimprove, our customers or others;
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide the Personal Information; and
Siteimprove will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed based on the purpose for which you have authorized us to use it.
Details on locations of Siteimprove’s servers can be found here. Siteimprove may send Personal Information to affiliates, vendors and other sub-processors as necessary for the Purposes. Because Siteimprove operates internationally, Personal Information may be processed in a country outside the country in which it is collected, including the United States, European Economic Area, and the European Union. In addition to its Affiliated (listed here), Siteimprove uses the following third-party processors: DocuSign (for document signature Purposes); Hubspot (for marketing Purposes); ZenDesk (for technical support tracking Purposes); iCIMS (for job applicant Purposes); Ultimate Software (for employee data Purposes). Processors will only process the data as instructed by Siteimprove and are not allowed to process the data any further than necessary for the Purpose for which it was collected. In the event of any transfer outside of the European Economic Area/EU, such transfers take place in accordance with applicable European Union data protection rules under security conditions enabling the protection of the Personal Information.
We do not track you over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Some third parties providing content and applications to the Services do respond to DNT signals and that will limit your access to the interactive features of the Services.
In addition, Siteimprove does not authorize the collection of Personal Information from our website unless you opt-in to providing that information directly to the third party.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative on its website: www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Siteimprove aims to keep Personal Information accurate and up to date. You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com (if in the EU/EEA) or firstname.lastname@example.org (everywhere else) together with a proof of your identity to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. In addition, you have the right to oppose to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com (if in the EU/EEA) or firstname.lastname@example.org (everywhere else).
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
In addition, we have executed data-processing agreements and model contract clauses with our third-party vendors as a means of meeting the adequacy and security requirements of the European Parliament and Council of the European Union Data Protection Directive.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to the Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat Personal Information, we will notify you by e-mail of the amended Policy.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com (if in the EU/EEA) or firstname.lastname@example.org (everywhere else), or at the business address for any of our affiliates.
Customer Data File
This Policy constitutes a description of customer’s data file as required under Finnish Personal Data Act (523/1999), Chapter 2, Section 10.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Siteimprove, 7807 Creekridge Circle, Minneapolis, MN 55439; ATTN: Counsel.